Counseling for Individuals & Couples
Margo Rice, MS, LAPC, NCC provides psychotherapy and counseling services for individuals and couples in the Atlanta area. Her practice addresses the needs of clients experiencing anxiety, depression, and interpersonal concerns. See more information about therapy services here.
What is Counseling Psychology?
Counseling facilitates personal and interpersonal functioning across the life span with a focus on emotional, social, vocational, educational, health-related, developmental, and organizational concerns. Through the integration of theory, research, and practice, in addition to multicultural sensitivity, this specialty encompasses a broad range of practices that help people improve their well-being, alleviate distress and maladjustment, resolve crises, and increase their ability to live more highly functioning lives. Counseling psychology is unique in its attention both to normal developmental issues and to problems associated with physical, emotional, and mental disorders.
Is counseling for me?
You may find counseling beneficial if you answer "yes" to any of the following questions:
- Are you facing a difficult life transition, personal struggle, or relationship hurdle?
- Do you find yourself having trouble focusing on your responsibilities?
- Have you been feeling aimless and stuck about where you are in your life?
- Do you feel uneasy, or restless with your thoughts?
- Are you finding difficulty coping with change?
- Have you been feeling overwhelmed by stress?
- Do you have concerns over low self-esteem, or confidence?
- Feeling distressed by anxiety or worries?
- Do you feel empty?
- Are you concerned about a problematic behavior?
- Have you experienced a significant loss in the past six months?
- Do you have a hard time trying to relax?
- Are you experiencing ongoing conflict with family, friends, or coworkers?
"The science of the mind can only have for its proper goal the understanding of human nature by every
human being, and through its use, brings peace to every individual."